Creamy Lemon-Pesto Chicken Pasta
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup bottled lemon pepper marinade (I used Ken’s)
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 12 oz linguine
- 1 tomato, chopped and seeded
Combine lemon pepper marinade and dried basil. Pour over chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. (I usually marinate the chicken overnight)
Grill chicken for 12-15 minutes, or until done (165 degrees).
While the chicken is grilling, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Set pasta aside and keep warm.
Meanwhile, prepare the pesto sauce. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in flour until it thickens and bubbles, then whisk in milk and lemon zest. Continue to whisk mixture and cook until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Add pesto and mix well.
To serve, slice chicken into strips. Toss cooked pasta in the pesto, top with chicken and garnish with tomatoes.
You'll also love
- Sunshine BBQ Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Noodles Romanoff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Flan Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemonade Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Joey's Baked Macaroni 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken, Sausage, Asparagus and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-seared Shrimp with Pesto Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)