BBQ and Peanut Chicken Tenders
Peanuts and tangy BBQ sauce is something that the whole family will enjoy…even your pickiest little eaters that usually refuse to even touch chicken. This flavor combination is one you may have never thought to try, but you are seriously missing out!
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup low-sugar BBQ sauce (I used Stubb's)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, coarsely ground in food processor (or chopped)
- non-stick aluminum foil
- 1 gallon heavy-duty food storage bag that locks
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover baking sheet with non-stick foil and set aside.
2. Place chicken tenders in a 1 gallon large food-safe plastic bag. Using a meat mallet, the back of a small iron skillet or rolling pin, pound chicken slightly.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine barbecue sauce, chili powder and cumin. Mix well.
4. Now you can do the next step two ways. One way is to start dipping both sides of the chicken in the sauce, then dip one side into the peanuts and place on baking sheet. Or you can pour the sauce in the bag with the chicken and let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. In that case, preheat your oven a few minutes before you decide to dip the chicken in the peanuts.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the nuts are browned. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Biscuits 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Calzones 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Chicken, Two Ways 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Peach Whisky Barbecue Chicken... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Red Wine BBQ Chicken 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Peanut-Lime Chicken Lunch Bowls 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Waffles 4/5 (6 Votes)