White Chocolate and Raspberry Creme Brulee
- 48 raspberries
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (75ml) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250ml)each 35% cream and whole milk
- 1 bar (100g) good quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50ml) packed brown sugar
Preheat oven to 300 F(150C0. Place seven raspberris in bottom of each of six 1/2 cup(125ml) ramekins. Place ramekins in a shallow roasting pan
In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks sugar and salt until well combined.
In a medium saucepan, heat cream and milk until just simmering. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in white chocolate until it is melted and smooth.
Gradually whisk warm cream into egg yolk mixture. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher.
Pour custard into ramekins dividing evenly. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins. Bake for about 1 hour until centres of custards are just set. Remove ramekins from roasting pan and cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Just before serving, sprinkle brown sugar evenly over tops of custards to cover competely. Ignite a blowtorch and caramelize sugar moving torch constatnly so sugar doesn't burn. You can also broil for 1 minute if you do not have a blowtorch until caramelized.
Garnish with remaining raspberries
You'll also love
- Deviled Salmon cakes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Diced pork skillet dinner 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Alfedo Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blackberry Mustard 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Heaven Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemon Scones 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe