Blueberry Flax Muffins
- ■2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ■1/4 cup whole flax meal
- ■1/4 cup whole flax seeds, optional
- ■1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ■1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ■1/2 teaspoon salt
- ■1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ■1/2 cup light brown sugar
- ■2 large eggs
- ■2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ■3/4 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt, or 2/3 cup liquid whey
- ■1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ■coarse white sparkling sugar to sprinkle on top, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a muffin tin; or line it with papers, and grease the papers.
2) Whisk together the flour, flax meal and seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3) In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
4) Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, then add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5) Add the vanilla and buttermilk and mix again. The batter may look a bit curdled; that's OK.
6) Add the dry ingredients, mixing on low speed just until the batter is smooth. Fold in the berries by hand.
7) Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, using a heaping 1/4 cup for each; a muffin scoop works well here. Sprinkle each muffin with a bit of coarse white sparkling sugar, if desired.
8) Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Remove them from the oven, cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer the muffins to a rack to finish cooling.
You'll also love
- Wine-Battered Mussels 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Potato and Carrot Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Fettuccine with Roasted... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peaches & Cream Ice Cream for the... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cobbler: Gingerbread and Almond... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Citrus Biscotti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bang'n Blueberry Coffee Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)