Watermelon Rum Punch
In the bottom of a glass, at the end of a muddle, lies the taste of summer: fresh watermelon, basil, and Grand Marnier. Mix with rum and citrus juices.
- 8 cups (64 ounces) white rum
- 4 cups (32 ounces) Watermelon Purée, recipe follows
- 3 cups (24 ounces) orange juice
- 1 cup (8 ounce) lime juice
- 5 cups fresh watermelon, cubed
- 5 ounces orange-flavored cognac liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 15 fresh basil leaves, shredded
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Chill martini glasses ahead of time.
Mix and stir the rum, Watermelon Puree, orange juice and lime juice. Serve over ice in chilled cocktail glasses.
Muddle the watermelon, liqueur and basil in a glass until you reach a thick and slightly chunky puree consistency.