Ricotta, Spinach, And Parmesan Tarts
- 1 pound fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly-grated nutmeg
- Baby English spinach leaves chopped (or other spinach)
- 1/2 cup finely-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
Place ricotta In a food processor and process until smooth. In a bowl, combine ricotta with sour cream, egg, pepper, and nutmeg.
Place spinach in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 seconds, then drain and chop. Squeeze any excess liquid from spinach.
Stir spinach, Parmesan, pine nuts, and dill into ricotta mixture. Spoon mixture into greased deep muffin tins and bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tarts are firm and golden.
This recipe yields 12 tarts.