- 1 pound zucchini, rinsed, ends trimmed
- 1 onion (about 8 oz.) peeled
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1.4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated dry jack or parmesan cheese
- 2 T chopped Parsley
- 1 T chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 about 3 T vegetable oil
1. Shred zucchini and onion. Pour olive oil into 10 to 12 inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, salt and pepper and cook stirring frequently until vegetables are soft and any liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes
2. Transfer mixture to large bowl and stir in bread crumbs, egg, cheese, parsley and mint until incorporated. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. With well-floured hands, form mixture into patties about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
3. Wipe pan clean and heat vegetable oil over medium heat. When oil is hot, add patties, three or four at a time. Cook turning once until golden brown on both sides., about minutes total. Reduce heat as needed to maintain a constant temperature. With a spatula, transfer to a paper towel-lined baking pan, keep warm in 200 degree over. Serve hot.