Individual Spooky White Pizzas
The classic white pizza takes a ghostly turn with this recipe. Using prepared pizza dough makes this easy recipe even easier, and no sauce to simmer makes it simpler still!
- 1 (1-pound) ball prepared pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for rolling the dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, about 6 ounces
- 4 pitted black olives, ends trimmed and each cut into 3 rounds
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Divide the pizza dough into 4 pieces. Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll and stretch on a lightly floured surface into an 8- to 9-inch oval. Transfer to a prepared baking sheet and pull the end of the dough to one side into a tapered end to create a ghost shape. Repeat with the remaining dough, putting 2 ghosts on each baking sheet. Don't worry if they all look slightly different-- it will give the ghosts personality.
Mix the oil and garlic together in a small bowl and evenly brush over the 4 ghosts; sprinkle with a total of 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake until the crusts are golden and set, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the pans top to bottom halfway through the baking time.
Mix the ricotta, Parmesan and Italian seasoning together in a small bowl and spread over the ghosts, stopping about 1/2-inch from the edge. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and return to the oven until the ghosts are hot and the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes more. Place 2 pieces of olive on each ghost for the eyes and 1 piece on each for a mouth.
Transfer the ghosts to individual plates and serve
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/individual-spooky-white-pizzas-recipe.html?oc=linkback
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (673 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.5/5 (449 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)