Pasta (Lemon Infused, Butter and Nut sauce) ( PC Label Recipe)
- 1 pkg (250 g) PC BLACK LABEL TRIANGOLI PORCINI MUSHROOM WITH TRUFFLE FILLED EGG PASTA
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) PC BLACK LABEL LEMON INFUSED EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) hazelnuts, toasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each chopped fresh chives, parsley and sage
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely grated PC BLACK LABEL AGED 36 MONTHS PARMIGIANO REGGIANO CHEESE
- CHEF'S TIPS
- To toast hazelnuts, place on rimmed baking sheet. Toast in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven for 8 minutes or until fragrant. Transfer to clean tea towel. Rub off and discard as much of the skins as possible.
In large saucepan, bring 8 cups (2 L) of lightly salted water to a boil. Open package and gently pour pasta into water. Return to a gentle boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes (4 to 5 minutes if frozen).
Meanwhile, in large frying pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat. Cook garlic for about 30 seconds, stirring, or until fragrant. Add hazelnuts, chives, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
Using slotted spoon, transfer pasta to frying pan. Pour in 1/2 cup (125 mL) pasta cooking water; toss gently to coat. Simmer about 1 minute or until liquid is reduced by about half, adding a spoonful more cooking water if sauce dries out. Transfer to serving bowls; sprinkle with Parmigiano.