Stir-Fried Okra with Shallots, Chile, and Ginger
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled ginger
- 1 pound fresh okra, halved lengthwise, quartered if large
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges (for serving)
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 1 shallot, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 chile, and 1 Tbsp. ginger, stirring, 30 seconds. Add half of okra and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 4 minutes; season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil, shallot, garlic, chile, ginger, and okra, returning first batch to skillet when second batch has finished cooking.
Add lime juice and toss to combine.
Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.