Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup Key Lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Lime zest
- approx 12 full graham crackers, broken in half to create 12 sandwiches
In stand mixer with whisk attachment whip 2 cups heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form, approx 2 minutes.
Turn speed to low and pour in sweetened condensed milk. Turn speed up to medium high and beat 1 minute.
Finally add lime juice, remaining cup of cream and and zest and beat approx 1 more minute on medium-high.
Pour mixture into freezer-safe container and freeze for 5-6 hours until almost frozen.
Spread about 1/4 cup mixture on top of 1 graham cracker at a time, topping with the other half of the cracker. Wrap in cling wrap and put back in freezer. Repeat process until all sandwiches are made.
Freeze 2 hours more, or overnight.
You don't have to individually wrap each sandwich, you could store them together in a large container, if desired. If you make the ice cream a day ahead leave on counter until it's softened enough to spread on the graham crackers.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Mediterranean Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (170 Votes)