KNEADERS COPY-CAT RASPBERRY BREAD PUDDING
- 1 1/2 loaves aged, white bread
- 1 qt. heavy cream
- 3 C. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 C. raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. apple juice
- Vanilla Cream Sauce
- 1 1/3 C. butter
- 5 T. flour
- 3 C. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 C. sugar
Adapted from chef-in-training.com
In a large bowl mix the cream, sugar, egg and vanilla.
Cut bread into 1 1/2 inch cubes and add to cream mixture, coating the bread well.
Let stand 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to allow cream to absorb.
Mix the raspberries, sugar and apple juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Layer a 9x13 inch baking pan 3/4 full with the bread mix and pour fruit filling over the bread mix, spreading evenly.
Top with the remaining bread.
Bake 40 minutes at 375.
Serve warm topped with vanilla cream sauce.
Melt butter in medium saucepan and add flour. Stir 10 minutes until it has a nutty aroma, do not brown. Add salt, cream and sugar until mix is thick. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve warm over the pudding.
You'll also love
- Spicy Sweet Potato and Fire... 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Shiu Mai (Chinese steamed shrimp... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Blooming Onion Bread 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Sweet 'n Smoky Salmon with Orange... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Cranberry sauce So simple! 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Drizzle Bread 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Chocolate-Raspberry Mousse Cups 4.5/5 (22 Votes)