Sweet Corn Pudding
This sweet, old-fashioned Southern corn pudding is the perfect side dish with any kind of meat! It's delicious and so easy too. Just process in the blender and bake.
- 5 cups frozen corn, thawed (I use Green Giant Niblets)
- 2/3 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 3 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter a 2-qt. glass baking dish. Set aside.
Process all ingredients EXCEPT for the butter a few seconds in a blender until semi-smooth, leaving desired amount of whole kernels.
In a medium non-stick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Pour the processed corn mixture over the melted butter, stirring to combine. Heat just until heated through, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
Pour into the prepared baking dish. Dot top with a few very thin slices of butter. Bake until top is golden and center is set, 40-45 minutes.
((NOTE: To thaw corn, place in a colander and run cold tap water over then drain completely. You can also skip heating the mixture in the skillet, but it cuts baking time considerably. Just add the melted butter to the processed mixture and pour into the baking dish and bake.))
You'll also love
- French Almond Cake with Lavender... 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Hamburger Beef Jerky 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- BLT and P (Bacon, Leek, Tomato and... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Hershey's Kisses Acorns 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Corn Pudding 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Southwest Corn Pudding 4.5/5 (13 Votes)