The Perfect Compromise Strawberry Pie
- 3 tablespoons Clear-Gel
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, mashed
- 3-4 cups fresh strawberries cut into chunks
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin. Knox or equal
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring
- 1 9-inch pie shell, baked
Adapted from preparedpantryblog.com
1. In a medium pan, mix the starch and sugar together. Add the water and mashed strawberries. Bring the liquid to a boil, stir regularly, until the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat and let cool for about ten minutes.
2. Sprinkle the gelatin over the liquid. Add enough food color to reach the tint desired. Scrape the mixture into the pie shell.
3. Add the strawberry chunks. Refrigerate the pie for at least two hours to let the gelatin set.
4. Serve with plenty of whipped cream.