Low Fat Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds red potatoes
- 3 teaspoons low-fat chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teapoon salt
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8-ounce package fat-free cream cheese
- 8 ounces (1/2 cup) Breakstone fat-free sour cream
- Ground black pepper, to taste.
Scrub potatoes and cut them into chunks. Rinse well and transfer to a stock pot. Cover with cold water, add salt, minced garlic, and bouillon granules. Bring to a boil and cook approximately 10 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
Drain, reserving liquid. Add cream cheese and sour cream to pan and mash potatoes, adding reserved liquid as needed to achieve desired consistency.
Transfer to slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours. Before serving, stir well and season with ground black pepper to taste.
Makes approximately 25 (1/2 cup) servings.
NOTE: Can be prepared up to the point of transfer to slow cooker and refrigerated. However, if you do this, you will need to increase the slow-cooker cooking time to 3 or 4 hours.
You'll also love
- Beef & Bean Burritos 5/5 (2 Votes)
- STRAWBERRY NAPOLEONS 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Date Filling 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Broccoli/Cauliflower Cheese Bake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken and Artichokes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Brown-Sugar Barbecue or Honey... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- garlic mashed potatoes Alton Brown 5/5 (2 Votes)