Chewy Coconut Cookies
These coconut cookies are chewy, simple, and sweet. They take just under 30 minutes to make, so they're a quick and easy snack.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then mix in the coconut. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted. Cool on wire racks.
You'll also love
- Barbecued Butterflied leg of... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken & Sun-Dried Tomato Orzo 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Apricot and Currant Chicken 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Salmon with Pepita-Lime Butter 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Lamb Chops with Coconut-Curry... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Oatmeal Date Spice Cookies 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Cranberry-Pistachio Lace Cookies 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chocolate Cream of Coconut Cake 4.7/5 (3 Votes)