Lemon Cream Pasta
- 8 ounces fettucine or linguini pasta
- 2 Meyer lemons, zested and juiced (you will add zest and juice to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup créme frâiche
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large saucepot, cook the pasta as directed and drain. While you are preparing the pasta, get the other ingredients ready.
2. Meanwhile, in a sauté pan over medium heat, heat the oil until shimmering.
3. Add the spinach, garlic, and capers, tossing frequently, and cook until the spinach is bright green and wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
4. Add the grated Parmesan cheese to the spinach and mix to combine.
5. Once the pasta is drained, add it to the spinach mixture, tossing to thoroughly incorporate.
6. Add the lemon juice, to taste.
6. Add the créme frâiche to the pasta mixture, and stir to coat the pasta evenly.
7. Sprinkle (to taste) with the lemon zest, additional Parmesan (if desired) and salt and pepper.