Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie
- 4 c thinly sliced Zucchini
- 1 c chopped onions
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 8 oz (2 cups) shredded muenster or mozzarella cheese
- 1 8oz can crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tsp mustard
Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook zucchini and onions in butter until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in parsley flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, oregano. In large bowl, combine eggs and cheese, mix well. Stir in cooked vegetable mixture.
Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 10" pie pan, press over bottom and up sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spread crust w/ mustard. Pour egg mixture evenly into crust-lined pan.
Bake at 375 for 18 to 22 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Cover edge of crust w/ foil last 10 minutes if necessary to prevent excessive browning.