Classic Delicious Artichokes
- 4 artichokes
- 5 cloves garlic – chopped fine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian Parsley – chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- 3 – 4 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Bring the artichokes to a slow boil with the lemon wedge added. Simmer on low until the leaves are tender; 15 -20 minutes.
Drain and let the artichokes cool. When the artichokes are cooled pound them on the counter to open them up; then snip the tips of the leaves and the stems off.
Combine the cheese, garlic, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes and parsley in a bowl. Stuff the leaves of the artichokes and place in a baking dish; drizzle the tops with olive oil.
Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
Bake the artichokes 30-35 minutes. Let cool a bit and serve.