Kale stuffed Pork Chops with Maple Fig Glaze
Serve with Roasted Beets and Carrots.
- 4 to 6 boneless pork chops. Thick enough to slit open
- 1/2 to 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-3 T olive oil
- Bunch kale. 1-2 cups Finely chopped.
- Can substitute Swiss chard, collard greens or spinach which may cook faster
- 1 apple plus or minus. Finely chopped.
- 1-2 Tablespoons almond meal (or plain bread crumbs) per chop
- 1 lb each beets and carrots (0r more they shrink a lot)
- 2 T each Olive Oil and Red wine vinegar
In oven proof skillet, (Cast Iron works great) Sauté onions in olive oil. Add chopped kale and apple. Sauté until wilted and soft. Stir in almond meal or bread crumbs.
Slit open chops along one side and stuff with mixture. Use toothpick to stitch closed. In same skillet add oil. Quickly sear one side of chops till nicely brown. Flip and finish second side in pan Or finish in hot oven 425 for 10 to 15 minutes depending on thickness of chops.
Top with glaze for last 5 minutes. Equal parts maple syrup, coarse grainy mustard and fig jam. 1 to 2 Tablespoons each. Can substitute apricot or apple butter.
Peel beets, cut into 1/2 wedges. Peel and cut carrots into 2 in lengths. Halve lengthwise if large. On nonstick roasting pan - Toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper and rosemary to taste. Roast for 30- 35 minutes at 425. Turning once or twice. Till soft. Watch out that they don't burn.
You'll also love
- Joni Newman's Indian-Spiced... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Tomato 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Salt with Fennel and Chili 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Jewish Apple Cake 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- TANGY AND TASTY PULLED BEEF 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- VOODOO SIRLOIN 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Kale Rosemary Pistachio Oil Pesto 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Pineapple 4.3/5 (3 Votes)