Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Quick, easy and delicious.
- 1 Box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup chopped Onion
- 1/3 cup all purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 can (14 oz) Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked Chicken for Turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed). Or use a combo of asst. frozen veggies you like
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 425°. Make pie crusts as directed on box for two-crust pie, use a 9” glass pie plate if possible.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly (making a roué). Gradualy stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened. Stir in chicken and veggies. Pour into crust lined pie plate.
Cut second crust into strips and place crossways on top of mixture. Cover crust edge with foil to prevent burning and remove for last 15 minutes of baking time.
Bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Let stand 15-20 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Louise's Chicken Divan 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sharon's Chicken and Rice 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chinese-Style Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken & Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Traditional American Pie Crust 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Perfect Pie Crust (With Egg &... 3.8/5 (163 Votes)
- Double-Crust Chicken Pot Pies 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe