Ginger-Lemon Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Cream the butter with the sugars in a medium bowl with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the ginger, zest, vanilla and egg, and mix well.
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, and then add to the butter mixture and mix. Add the oats and mix until combined. Fold in the pecans with a wooden spoon. Spoon the dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes, and then remove from the baking sheets.