caserecce pasta and red sauce Olive Garden
- 1 lbs caserecce pasta (or your favorite small shaped pasta), cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 29-oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 12-oz can tomato paste
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp basil, dried
- 1/4 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- Fresh Italian parsley, for garnish
HEAT oil in a saucepot and add onions, garlic and bay leaf. Saute until golden brown, being careful not to burn. Add tomato sauce and paste, water and seasoning. Simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
TOSS cooked, drained pasta into sauce.
TRANSFER to large serving platter. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.