Salmon with Sweet Chili Glaze and Sugar Snap Peas
- 1/4 c. Asian sweet chili sauce
- 3 T. soy sauce, divided
- 2 T. finely grated peeled fresh ginver, divided
- 6 6oz. salmon fillets with skin
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 1/2 T.. chinese rice wine or sherry
- 3 c. pea tendrils or pea sprouts, if can't find, we use arugula
- 1 tsp. asian sesame oil
Line rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Coat with non-stick spray. Whisk chili sauce, 2 T. soy sauce, and 1 T. ginger in small bowl. Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on prepared sheet. Spoon chili sauce marinade over and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Preheat broiler. Spoon any marinade remaining on baking sheet over salmon fillets. Broil salmon without turning until browned in spots and almost opaque in center, 6 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet.
Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in wok or heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 T. ginger and minced garlic; stir until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add sugar snap peas and stir until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 T. soy sauce, rice wine, and pea tendrils and stir just until wilted, about 1 minute. Drizzle with sesame oil.
Place 1 salmon fillet on each plate. Spoon warm pea mixture over salmon fillets and serve.
Bon Appetit, April 2010, cover photo
You'll also love
- Italian Beef Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Nutty Tomato & Spinah Stew 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Squash Salad with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine with Lobster, Tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheddar Cheese Grits with Spicy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Salmon Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Indian-Spiced Salmon with Basmati... 0/5 (0 Votes)