Gluten-Free Raspberry-Ginger Muffins
BONAPPETIT January 2014
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. finely grated peeled ginger
- 1 1/2 cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) raspberries
Coat 2 standard 6-cup muffin pans with nonstick spray. Whisk baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 cups flour in a medium bowl. Whisk egg, brown sugar, butter, milk, and ginger in a large bowl; mix in dry ingredients. Toss raspberries with remaining 1 Tbsp. flour in a small bowl; gently fold into batter. Divide batter among muffin cups and bake until a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes in pan before serving.
Do Ahead: Muffins can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.