Salmon and Corn Chowder
- tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 ounces unpeeled small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, coarsely chopped, including half of greens
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 4 cups fish or chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 pounds salmon fillets, skin and pin bones removed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
Prepare a campfire or wood-fired grill for cooking with indirect heat.
Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat and sauté the celery for 3 minutes. Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in the green onions and corn and add 2 cups of the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are almost tender, about 15 minutes.
Add the cream and simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the salmon and lemon zest and simmer gently until the salmon is just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add more stock as needed and lemon juice to taste. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serve in bowls, topped with the dill.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (281 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)