Garlic-Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- 4 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 10 Tbs. (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup garlic-Parmesan mashed potato seasoning
- 1 2/3 cups half-and-half, warmed
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Put the potatoes in a large pot, add water to cover by 3 inches and generously salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to medium-low and gently cook the potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
Working in batches, pass the potatoes through a ricer or food mill into a large bowl. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the butter and mashed potato seasoning. Heat until the butter melts and begins to foam. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
Stir the butter mixture into the potatoes, then slowly stir in the half-and-half. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Serves 10.