Chocolate-Peanut Butter Banana "Elvis" Pie
This pie was inspired by Elvis Presley's favorite sandwich-- peanut butter and bananas on toasted bread. Shaun calls himself "The Pie Dude" and " believes in the redemptive power of pie."
- 1 chocolate cookie crust
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 C sugar (divided)
- 1 T butter, softened
- 2 T real vanilla extract (divided)
- 2 C heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 2 bananas
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 oz semi sweet chocolate
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Combine peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, butter and 1 T vanilla in an electric mixing bowl. Transfer peanut butter mix to a separate bowl. Whip 1 cup heavy cream in mixer, gradually adding 1/4 cup of sugar. Fold half of whipped cream into peanut butter mix. Then fold the other half in. Set aside.
2. Slice bananas and sprinkle with brown sugar. Set aside.
3. Whip 1 cup of heavy cream in mixer, gradually adding 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1 T vanilla.
4. To assemble pie, spread the peanut butter silk evenly in bottom of chocolate pie shell. Then, place the banana slices in one even layer on top of peanut butter. Use a spatula to evenly spread the whipped cream on top of the bananas. Shave the chocolate and sprinkle on top of the whipped cream.
5. Place pie in freezer for 1 hour. Transfer to refrigerator for 2 more hours before serving.