Parmesan Cauliflower Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, in another small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Add cauliflower to the cream sauce. Cook and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 121 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.