- 4 Roma tomatoes, halved, seeded, and sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 large jalapeño chiles, halved, seeded, and sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces shelled cooked crab
- 8 taco shells or tortillas (see Notes)
- 1 cup Iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
Adapted from find.myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Put tomatoes, garlic, half of the jalapeño, 1/4 cup cilantro, and the lime juice in a food processor and pulse a few times to chop. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set salsa aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and remaining jalapeño until soft, 4 minutes. Add crab and cook just until crab is warm, about 2 minutes.
3. Put taco shells or tortillas on a baking pan and warm in oven, about 3 minutes. Arrange on a platter and fill with crab mixture, dividing evenly. Top crab with lettuce, cheese, and avocado. Sprinkle tacos with green onion and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. Serve immediately, with salsa on the side or on top.