Mediterranean Tuna Salad
This was inspired by a client of mine who gave me the idea to add hummus to the tuna., which is a terrific substitution for mayo. This takes about 5 minutes to put together.
- 1 can low mercury tuna, drained (Wild Planet brand is great)
- 1/4 cup hummus (more or less depending on your preference)
- 1/2 stalk celery, thinly chopped
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 2 cups arugula (or mixed greens), washed and dried
- 2-3 Tbsp Basic Vinaigrette
- Rice crackers or sweet potato chips (optional)
Adapted from eliminationdietrd.com
In a medium bowl mix tuna and hummus until well combined. Add shallots and celery. In another bowl, toss the arugula with the vinaigrette until all the leaves are covered. Lay 1 cup arugula on plate and spoon half the tuna mixture over the salad. Serve with rice crackers or sweet potato chips on the side. Serves 2.