Vietnamese Pickled Daikon & Carrot Recipe (Đồ Chua)
- Vinegar Solution:
- 1/2 lb daikon radish
- 1/2 lb carrots
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 c hot water to dissolve 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 c water
- 4 tablespoons distilled vinegar
Preparation time 15mins
1. Cut carrots and daikon to desired size.
2. Sprinkle salt and toss well. Soak for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse thoroughly and slightly squeeze to remove excess moisture. Dry & add to jars.
4. Dissolve sugar in hot water, then combine with remaining vinegar and water.
5. Add vinegar solution to jars to cover daikon & carrots. Seal, store at room temperature until pickled to your taste, checking every 12 or 24 hours.
6. Refrigerate when ready, up to 3 weeks, or until too sour or veggies lose their crunch.