Apple Crisp Pressure Cooker
A perfect dessert or it can make a delicious complete breakfast. Dish can be varied by substituting fresh ripe peaches or pears. This recipe used a covered stainless dessert cooking pan, available from QVC.com
- 3 granny smith Apples, cored, parel and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (do NOT use instant)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups water for pressure cooker
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from qvc.com
In small bowl, sprinkle sliced apples with lemon juice to prevent browning.
Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and melted butter and combine thoroughly.
Layer apples and oat mixture, beginning wit and ending with apples into the stainless steel pan insert. Place lid of insert pan.
Pour water into pressure cooker and place pan insert into the rack and lower into the pressure cooker. Lock the lid in place and set the cooker to high pressure for 25 minutes. Release pressure using the quick release method.
Unlock the pressure cooker, and after the steam has subsided, lift the pan out of the cooker and place on a cooling rack.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream as a dessert, or refrigerate and serve cold or reheat for breakfast.
You'll also love
- Paleo Sirloin Tip Roast 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Turkey Cupcakes (Thanksgiving) 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Sweet Potato and Roasted Red... 3.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecake 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Peach Pie Moonshine 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Chicken Slow Cooker... 4/5 (12 Votes)
- CARROT APPLE BREAD 3.8/5 (15 Votes)