AVOCADO CHOCOLATE CAKE
makes 2 8-inch rounds or 2 thinner 9-inch rounds
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used almond oil)
- 1/2 cup soft avocado, well mashed, about 1 medium avocado
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 or 9-inch rounds. Set aside.
Sift together all of the dry ingredients except the sugar. Set that aside too.
Mix all the wet ingredients together in a bowl, including the super mashed avocado.
Add sugar into the wet mix and stir.
Mix the wet with the dry all at once, and beat with a whisk (by hand) until smooth.
Pour batter into a greased cake tins. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.