saucy eggplant and pork stir fry
Preparation time:10 minutesCooking time:10 minutesMakes:4 Servin
- John Cullen
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 250 g lean ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- half medium eggplant or 2 Japanese eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- half 530 g pkg regular tofu, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 to 2 tsp hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- sliced fresh red chilies for garnish (optional)
- If you’re a lover of eggplant, this recipe will surely please your palette. Cooked with garlic, ginger, chilies and oyster sauce, the aromatic flavours meld together into one delicious dish. Bon appetit!
- additions: parsnips, red pepper, broccoli served over rice, lentils, or quinoa.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Heat a large frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then pork, garlic and ginger. Using a fork, break up meat and cook until no pink remains, about 2 to 3 min.
Add eggplant, tofu, oyster sauce, 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce and 1/2 cup water. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up and stir in any brown bits from pan bottom. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is tender, about 8 to 10 min. Taste and add remaining chili-garlic sauce if you like it spicier. Stir in green onion. Serve with rice.
“I love how simple this is to make. The delicious aromas of ginger and garlic even brought our teenager down from his sanctuary!”
ALICJA SIEK, STONEY CREEK, ONT.
I served the mixture over lentils and quinoa rather than rice - it had great taste and texture.
You'll also love
- Coconut Cream Pudding Recipe 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Seafood Stuffed Colossal Shrimp 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Prime Rib 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Beef and Green Onion Stir Fry [HCG] 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Crab Enchiladas with Tomatillo... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Steamed Pork Belly Dumplings with... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Beef and Eggplant Casserole 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Paleo Chinese Eggplant 4.6/5 (5 Votes)