To-Die-For Buttermilk Pound Cake
Make the most buttery pound cake with this To-Die-For Buttermilk Pound Cake! In the warmer seasons, grab your favorite fruits when serving to add a healthy twist.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 sticks) cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from justapinch.com
Preheat oven to 325°F. Next, grease and flour a 9" or 10" tube or bundt cake pan.
By spooning lightly into measuring cups, measure 3 cups of flour and then level them off. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt by stirring.
Mix cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the extracts and beat mixture until it is light and fluffy, about four minutes.
Alternate adding the flour mixture and buttermilk to the egg mixture.
Carefully pour batter into prepared pan. Gently smooth the top surface of the batter with a rubber spatula.
Bake in preheated oven. DO NOT open oven door until after one hour. When cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan, it is done.
Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to finish cooling. If cake doesn't want to release completely from the pan, tap lightly on top and sides of the upside-down pan with a spoon.
You'll also love
- Avocado Chicken Enchiladas 4.3/5 (93 Votes)
- Gluten Free Bisquick Chocolate... 4.1/5 (142 Votes)
- Paula Deen’s Amazing Chicken... 4.6/5 (71 Votes)
- Citrus Almond Champagne Cake 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- The Best Louisiana Crunch Cake Ever 4/5 (153 Votes)
- Lemon-Basil Ricotta Stuffed Shells... 4.4/5 (88 Votes)
- Cream Puff Cake 4.6/5 (70 Votes)