Linguine with Broccoli, Pine Nuts, and Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 pound dried linguine
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for serving
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Blanch broccoli florets in large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain broccoli florets and refresh under cold water. Drain again.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain well.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add minced garlic; stir 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes to skillet; stir 30 seconds. Add blanched broccoli florets; stir until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Add pasta to skillet and turn to coat with olive oil. Add fresh lemon juice and toss to coat. Mix in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Season pasta generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to heated platter. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts. Serve, passing additional Parmesan cheese separately.
You'll also love
- Pork Chops with Raspberry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arugula Salad with Fried Capers,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Butter Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Chickpeas and Garlic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken & Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Saucy Ravioli with Meatballs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Chicken or Beef W/ Broccoli 0/5 (0 Votes)