Lemon Chicken Primavera
I found this recipe in a booklet I picked up at the grocery store. I adapted it to be less sodium than posted in the original recipe which was 1000 mg. Which to me is a very high amount of sodium.
- 1 1/2 C. baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 oz. fettucine pasta, whole wheat is preferred
- 2 C. unsalted chicken stock
- 2 TBS. corn starch
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. lemon peel, grated fresh
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Steam together carrots and asparagus just until near tender. Try not to over cook. Keep warm.
Cook the whole wheat fettucine according to package directions. Try to time this to get done when the chicken is getting done. Drain when finished.
Blend together the chicken stock, corn starch, lemon pepper and garlic powder in a bowl and set aside.
Cook chicken breast strips until no longer pink. Approximately 8 minutes.
Pour the chicken stock mixture into the pan and boil until it starts to thicken. Add in fettucine, carrots and asparagus. Stir well.
When all combined, stir in basil and lemon peel. Cook and additional minute. Serve.