Kristen's Strawberry Cupcakes
One of my best desserts! Always requested from family members and friends! For the perfect match, check out "Kristen's Strawberry Frosting". Also check it out on the Key Ingredient blog!
- 1 cup whole fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt (ignore if you ware using salted butter)
- 1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature (or salted if you do not have unsalted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line up muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
2. Place strawberries in a small food processor; process until pureed. You should have about a 1/2 cup of puree; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, mix together milk, vanilla, and strawberry puree; set aside.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add egg and egg whites until just blended.
5. With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended. Add the milk mixture; mix until just blended. Slowly add the remaining of the flour mixture, scraping down sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary, until just blended.
6. Divide batter evenly among cupcake cups (to add more fresh strawberry taste, dice up a few strawberries and place fresh strawberries pieces in the middle of the batter). Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake until tops are just dry to touch, 22 to 25 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to wire rack and cool completely before icing. Choose Kristen's Strawberry Icing for the perfect match!