Chicken Breast stuffed with Spinach and Mozz Cheese
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
- 1 c frozen spinach, thawed and drained (you can also use fresh cooked spinach)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs (I use Italian style)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lots of toothpicks
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks. This part requires a tiny bit of skill and I typically use about 8 toothpicks in each roll to ensure none of the filling seeps out. Be sure to count how many total toothpicks were used!
Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over all. Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional).
Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove the toothpicks before serving. Count to make sure you have removed every last toothpick. Serve whole or slice into medallions.
Omit Breadcrumbs when on MWLW Plan
You'll also love
- Cucumber Cups Filled With Crab... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Moonshine 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Original Ranch Pork Chops 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Cabbage-Slow cooker 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Mushroom and Cheddar Fritatta and... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Kale & Brussels Sprout Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- SPINACH-APPLE SALAD with... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pesto Ranch Crock Pot Chicken... 4/5 (2 Votes)