Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 bay leaf
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, carrots, basil, oregano, marjoram, salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add the shredded chicken, chicken stock, egg noodles and bay leaf.
3. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.