Weight Loss Magic Soup
If you are trying to drop a few pounds after the holidays, or for an upcoming event, you have got to try our Weight Loss Magic Soup and Weight Loss Magic Smoothie! It is a combination of a couple of weight loss soup recipes that have been around for years – Weight Watchers Garden Vegetable Soup and the Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe. The addition of a can of kidney beans adds fiber and protein which helps with feeling fuller for a longer period of time. Feel free to add or subtract vegetables to your taste. The benefit of this soup is that it tastes great and it really does help you lose weight. The magic is that the more you eat – the more weight you lose! Eat a healthy breakfast then a bowl of soup for lunch, an afternoon snack, and for dinner with some whole grain crackers or toast and you will see some serious weight loss fast (we don’t recommend doing this for more than 7 days– after the 7 days be sure to maintain a healthy diet having this soup intermittently until you reach your desired weight)! Each cup of soup has only 57 calories (see nutritional info. below). It is a great way to get your vegetables in for the day and is very satisfying. This recipe makes about 20 cups of soup. It lasts in the fridge up to a week, and it freezes well. All the cans are the regular (14 to 16 oz.) size. If you are worried about sodium content, feel free to use low-sodium V8 or even use tomato juice (homemade or store bought).
- 2 cans chicken broth (you may use low-sodium)
- 3 cups V-8 juice (you can use low-sodium V8 or even tomato juice, homemade or store bought)
- 2 cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from favfamilyrecipes.com
In a large frying pan sprayed with cooking spray, sauté garlic, onions, carrots, and mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
In a large crockpot, combine sautéed garlic and vegetables with the remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until vegetables are cooked.
This makes a large batch of soup. If you would like to freeze portions of it to use later, undercook the vegetables just a little. Pour the soup into freezer Ziplock bags and let as much air out as you can. Lay the bags flat on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once the soup is frozen flat, it is easy to layer in your freezer and won't take up much room. To thaw, place the bag in the fridge for 24 hours and then reheat.
You'll also love
- Milk-Chocolate Frosted Layer Cake 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- BBQ-Style Chicken Thighs 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken & Black... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Pot Pie with Bisquick... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Country Pork Ribs with Apples and... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe