From AARP Mag.
- 5 Carrots
- 3/4 Cups Celery
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 Red Chili
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 TBS Butter
- 4 Cups Chicken or Veg Broth
- 1 Handfull of fresh herbs: Thyme, sage, or basil
- 3/4 Cup of Creme fraiche
- Salt $ Pepper
1. Peel vegetables and cut into cubes. Cut along the chili and remove seeds. Cut chili into small pieces.
2. Melt butter in a casserole dish. Toss the vegetables in and cook for a couple of minutes while stirring.
3. Stir in the broth and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
4. finely chop the herbs and blend into the soup with a mixer or in a blender until it's creamy.
5. Finalize by blending creme fraiche into the soup, and season with salt and pepper.