Farfalle with Sundried Tomato Sauce
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, with juices
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 bunch basil, chopped, 2 tablespoons reserved for garnish
- 4 cups farfalle, cooked
- Parmesan cheese, grated as garnish
Adapted from ninjakitchen.com
1. Place tomatoes with juice, sun-dried tomatoes, red wine and red pepper flakes into the 72 ounce Pitcher fitted with the Bottom Blades only. Secure the lid.
2. Select Speed 1 and flip the switch to START. Process until chunky smooth.
3. Heat oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until softened. Add ground turkey and cook while breaking up with the back of a spoon until done.
4. Stir in tomato sauce from blender, basil, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
5. Serve sauce ladled over pasta, garnished with basil and cheese.