Tomato Salsa with Cucumber "Chips"
This healthy take on the traditional chips-and-salsa combo is nearly fat-free and super-refreshing. The antioxidant-rich salsa is delicious served right after it's made, but the flavors meld nicely after a day or two in the refrigerator.
- 1 1/4 pounds tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large seedless cucumber, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the onion, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve the salsa with the cucumber chips for dipping.