Clam Dip in a Bread Bowl
This is the best clam dip ever...when you serve it to guests or take it to an office party, be sure to have copies of the recipe to hand out, I guarantee that you'll be asked for it.
It's good with crackers, chips or veggies. And, when the dipping items are gone, delve into the bread bowl...YUM!
- 1 loaf round bread, unsliced
- 3 cans (6.5 oz) minced clams, drain 2 cans & keep the juice of one can
- 3 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2-3/4 cup parsley, chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 200mins
Slice top of loaf, saving the top, and tear out the insides to hollow the loaf, leaving about 1 inch of bread all around the bowl.
Mix all ingredients together and pour into loaf. Put top back on and wrap tightly in heavy foil.
Bake at 250 degrees for 3 hours.
Let set at least 20 minutes, so it won't be too runny. It's best after an hour, still warm but firm. I've taken it to the office and had it at break time (approx 3 hours after it came out of the oven) and it was great. Can be eaten cold as well.
You'll also love
- Mediterranean Couscous (Vegan) 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Spinach and Cheddar Rolled Omelet 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Hatch Chile Crab Cakes 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Mahi-Mahi Skewers with Tapenade... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Seafood Stuffed Colossal Shrimp 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Classic Linguine with Clam Sauce 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Clam Dip 2016's Upgraded 1960's... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Cream Clam Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)