Spinach Soup - Pureed
- 8-10 oz bunch of fresh spinach - trimmed, washed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped mint
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 quarter sized slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk (any)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, whisked smooth
Place spinach, cilantro, mint, onion, ginger, and garlic in a large saucepan. Add water and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan, and simmer until onions are soft (10 minutes). Let cool, then puree in a blender until smooth.
Heat oil in separate large nonstick pan over med-high heat. Add flour and cook until golden and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add milk in thin stream, stirring constantly to ensure no lumps. Slowly, while stirring, add puree spinach and garam masala, mix well.
Transfer soup to serving bowl. Add yogurt and swirl lightly to mix with parts still visible as garnish. Serve.