Cheesy Corn Casserole
This baked corn casserole is a popular side dish at Smokestack restaurant in Kansas City.
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 2 oz. Velveeta, cubed
- 2 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 lb. fresh or frozen corn kernels
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from saveur.com
Heat oven to 375°. Heat bacon in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until browned, about 8 minutes.
Add butter and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add flour, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Whisk in milk, and bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
Add cream cheese, Velveeta, cheddar, and paprika, and cook until smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in corn; season with salt and pepper.
Transfer mixture to a 9″ × 13″ baking dish and bake until top is golden brown and bubbling, about 40 minutes. Let cool before serving.
You'll also love
- Triple Citrus Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apples and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus Shrimp Dip 1.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Corn and Tomato Gratin 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe