Parmesan and Sage-Crusted Pork Chops
This Parmesan and Sage-Crusted Pork Chops recipe will please the whole family for dinner.
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 egg
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless thin-cut pork loin chops, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Place bread in a food processor; pulse bread 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure about 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, sage, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish. Combine mustard and egg whites in another shallow dish, stirring with a whisk.
Working with one pork chop at a time, dredge pork in flour, shaking off excess. Dip pork into egg white mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Coat pork completely with breadcrumb mixture. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining pork, flour, egg white mixture, and breadcrumb mixture.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and done.
You'll also love
- Mummy Head Candy Apples 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Bagliani’s Chicken Parmesan 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Baked barbecue pork buns 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe