I like to add some fresh or frozen spinach between layers.
- 12 whole Frozen Ravioli, Your Choice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Small Onion Chopped
- 1/4 teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 28 ounces, Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Herbs, Chopped, Optional For Serving
- Salt To Taste
Adapted from tastykitchen.com
To cook immediately, preheat the oven to 375 F.
Bring a pot of water to boil with some salt. Add the ravioli and boil for 3-5 minutes or until they just start to float. If ravioli are thawed, less time will be needed.
Meanwhile, make the marinara. Drizzle olive oil into a skillet over medium heat and add the onion, crushed red pepper and a sprinkle of salt. Stir for 3 minutes until onions start to soften. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute more. Add the tomatoes and sugar. Stir to combine and taste. Add more salt to your preference. Add the ravioli to the marinara and stir to coat.
For the dish assembly: Use a baking dish suitable for the amount of ravioli you are making. A 7-inch round casserole or equivalent is perfect for this size batch! To assemble, layer half the ravioli and half the mozzarella into the dish, cover with marinara (2/3 cup or so), then repeat the layers. Top with the the Parmesan. Reserve any extra marinara for serving or for another use.
Keep the dish uncovered and bake the ravioli at 375 F for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and ravioli is hot all the way through. Serve topped with fresh herbs if desired.
- For make-ahead, keep the dish covered in the fridge for up to three days. To reheat, bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncovered for 15-20 more minutes until bubbly, browned, and hot all the way through.
- To speed this up even more, feel free to use 2 cups jarred marinara!
You'll also love
- PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE BARS 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- (Crockpot) Beef and Broccoli 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Antipasto Pasta Salad, from Cook's... 4.3/5 (64 Votes)
- Chicken And Vegetable Pasta Salad... 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Skillet Linguine With Bacon And... 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Ravioli with Spicy and Sage Butter 4.6/5 (13 Votes)